Saturday, July 7, 2012

slight change of plans..

Well it never hurts to be flexible. I don't have time to bake and decorate one-hundred sugar cookies so the change is...I'm doing one-hundred mini tarts instead. Ten minutes to bake the shells and while the shells are baking mix up the mascarpone with Strawberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, sugar.  Fill four pastry bags and fill the tart shells and decorate each with the appropriate fruit piece. Sounds like a lot of work but the whole process  should only take about thirty to forty minutes. While my special recipe cookies are delicious, (if I say so myself) the tarts are amazing and should be the hit of the party. So tomorrow I will know for sure what the results are.

Two weeks before our trip (driving) cross country again and still a lot to do. Things should calm down after this weekend and we should be able to get the rest of our items packed up and ready for the trailer and vans. I will still have some last minute jobs to complete and that sugar cookie dough that is sitting in the refrigerator I'll use up by making cookies for the R.V. park dinner and "free cookie" treats.

No comments: