Thursday, November 1, 2012

FAIL!!! Cake Disaster.

Well I've experienced my first cake disaster. It is the first time working with sugar sheets an I must say it was an utter FAIL.
I used a local bakery to print out the sugar sheets, looked online for directions for proper use and yet..FAIL.
As a novice baker I find it difficult to learn new techniques, having no formal training everything must be self taught. There is tons of information online and local bakeries are usually happy to print you out sugar sheets or sell you boxes or containers but the only way to learn is to do it (short of going to culinary school). I have been fairly satisfied with most of my baking projects so far but this one, on a scale of one to ten, a one.

So this is what I ended up with.

Tomorrow I work on a birthday cake, hopefully with a lot more success than today. Success or failure I'll post the pictures.

No comments: